Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Following Few Weeks

On the morning of July 8th Eric and I woke up and realized we hadn't held our babies yet!  They were whisked away and no one told us when we were allowed to see them or where the special care nursery was!  Eric went in first...I was in a lot of pain at this point.  A little while later I hobbled down the hall to the nursery along with my IV stand...fun times.  Both babies were in incubators, hooked up to monitors, and had feeding tubes.  Maddy had other contraptions attached to her to help her breathe.   After I was discharged from the hospital, I went back twice a day to visit the babies.  It was great getting to know the nurses and they were so helpful and knowledgeable.  Finally, after 2 1/2 weeks both babies were discharged!!! They had finally gained enough weight and were able to eat and breathe on their own.  It felt great!

 This is Maddy
 Jack has always loved sleeping on his tummy...he needed knee pads in his incubator!
 Jack bonding with mommy
 Jack's mini hand
 Jack goes home!  Friday, July 23, 2010
Maddy goes home!  Saturday, July 24, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment